9 Cooking Hacks & Simple Solutions
Your time in the kitchen can be streamlined and made more efficient so that you can get more done in the same amount of time. Enjoy those super simple and great cooking hacks & tips to fully enjoy the cooking process.
1. Line baking sheets with parchment paper for no cleanup.
2. Set the table when you unpack the dishwasher. There’s no reason to put it all in the cupboards and take it all out again later.
3. Roll a lemon on the counter with your hands before juicing it. The juice will come out more easily and you’ll get more.
4. Always crack eggs into small bowls before adding them to recipes. This way it is easy to get out any shell that falls in.
5. Refrigerate an onion or run it under cold water before peeling and chopping it to reduce onion tears.
6. Add a splash of white vinegar to the water when you hard-boil eggs to make the shells easy to peel off.
7. Shred cold butter with a cheese grater before using it in a baking recipe. You can avoid trying to soften it in the microwave.
8. Put a marshmallow at the bottom of an ice cream cone. It will absorb the melted ice cream and prevent messy leaks.
9. Microwave potatoes for three minutes before using them in a dish. They will cook much faster.