8 Cooking Tips & Tricks
A few simple cooking tricks can make a boring dish even more delicious or simplify your cooking process altogether. So here are 8 simple and basic cooking tricks you should add to your chef repertoire!
1. Place a rubber band over a corner of a cutting board to keep it from slipping.
2. Place a damp towel under a mixing bowl to keep it in place.
3. Get your hands wet before forming meatloaf or meatballs. The food won’t stick to your hands.
4. Season your steaks as you are wrapping them for the freezer. They’ll be ready to go right on the grill when you take them out.
5. Use a small funnel to separate an egg. The yolk will get caught and the whites will run out.
6. Smash your garlic cloves with the side of a knife and the skins will easily come off.
7. To easily peel a tomato, drop it in boiling water for about twenty seconds. The skin will come right off.
8. Use an ice cream scoop to fill your muffin tins with batter. It’s exactly the right amount.