If you still have some chalk in your drawer, you are in luck because I am about to tell you what you can use it for! I have tried to limit this list to the most practical uses for chalk around the house. Enjoy!
1. Removing grease stains
To remove a greasy or oily stain, first rub chalk on the stained area. Let the chalk sit for 10 minutes so it can soak up the grease. Then wipe off the loose chalk dust before throwing the cloth in the washing machine. It will be as good as new!
2. Prevent silver from tarnishing
Keep a few pieces of chalk in the same place you keep your silver items. The chalk will help absorb the moisture in the environment and prevent the silver from tarnishing. You can also put a piece of chalk in your jewelry box to prevent your silver jewelry from tarnishing.
3. Prevent screwdriver slippage
If your screwdriver keeps slipping off when you turn a screw, rub some chalk on the head. The chalk should provide enough extra friction to prevent slipping.
4. Keep your cabinets fresh
Hang a small bag of chalk on one of the hangers in your closet. The chalk will keep moisture at bay, which in turn will help prevent the musty smell that often accompanies moisture problems.
5. Make minor repairs to the wall.
If the small scuffs, scratches, and dents on your walls and door frames are driving you crazy, chalk can be a quick remedy. Simply find a piece of chalk that matches the color and paint over the blemish. This will hide the stain enough that it will not be as noticeable.
6. Keep your tools rust free If your garage is quite damp, the moisture can cause your tools and toolbox to rust over time. Help your toolbox and the tools inside it stay rust-free by throwing in a handful of chalk pieces.
7. Fix jammed keys and locks.
Do you have a door key that keeps getting stuck in the lock? Rub a piece of chalk along the teeth and tip of the key, then slide the key in and out of the lock a few times. The chalk will help absorb dirt and moisture inside the lock so the mechanisms will slide better.
8. Stop ants If you see a line of ants somewhere in your house, you can sprinkle chalk over their scent trail to stop them in their tracks. Sprinkle chalk around your doorways, window sills, and anywhere else the ants seem to be coming from.